professional development workshops
Now Next Dance offers professional development workshops for all teachers, with special programming available for dance and physical education teachers. Our programs aid schools and dance training centers in developing a culture of health, creativity, and leadership and can be customized to the particular needs of each school community. Workshops range from using movement to cultivate student engagement to self-care techniques for faculty members. All of our workshops include:
- Immersive embodied experiences wherein teachers themselves integrate physicality and cognition.
- Takeaway content, including lesson templates and movement exercises that teachers can immediately implement in their classrooms.
2017-18 courses include
For independent and public school teachers:
- Your mind/body: Efficient movement for teachers
- Move=Learn: Strategies for incorporating movement into the classroom
- Knowing How: Develop a moving epistemology by cultivating a creative classroom
- Active Brain: Using movement to activate critical thinking
and for studios and dance training centers:
- Technique is Leadership: Enhancing student competency within the technique class
- College-bound: Guiding students towards dance in college
Please contact us for full workshop description and additional information.